USING GILOY POWDER FOR GOOD HEIGHT AND HEALTH: KNOW SOME AMAZING BENEFITS OF GILOY POWDER HERE.
Ayurveda is a medical system that has its roots in India. It is being used in India to treat many acute and chronic diseases. It believes that the body is made up of five elements: Earth, Air, Water, Fire, and Sky(space). To treat any disease or disorder, one has to balance these five elements in the body. All the medicines and treatments in Ayurveda are based on this principle. Ayurvedic consultants use this principle and have treated many patients with several chronic diseases.
Giloy is one such herb that is used in Ayurveda to balance these elements to cope with some basic body issues. Having countless health benefits, Giloy powder is now found in every Indian household. It is also used by teenagers dealing with short height. According to many experts, Giloy powder benefits in height increments and fulfills many nutritional requirements necessary for healthy growth. Read the complete article to know what is Giloy powder, how it is beneficial for good height and health, and how to use Giloy powder.
WHAT IS GILOY POWDER?
Scientifically known as Tinospora Cordifolia, it is a herbaceous vine that can be found in any tropical region of India. It does not need any specific climate to grow and can handle any weather occurring in India. That makes this herb easily available for everyone.
The stem of Giloy is considered highly nutritious. Its roots and leaves are also known to be effective for various issues. Overall, the whole plant is known for its medicinal benefits.
The name of the herb Giloy is derived from the Sanskrit word “Giloy” which translates to “Amrita” or “the medicine of immortality” and that says enough about the benefits of Giloy powder and its uses. According to Charak Samhita, a book dedicated to Ayurveda which was written by Charak, an ancient Ayurvedic Medical System practitioner, “Giloy helps in balancing two of the three components of the body ‘Vata’ and ‘Kapha’. It is one of the main herbs in Ayurveda helping in treating many disorders.” Hence it has been included in several treatments from ancient times.
MAJOR COMPONENTS OF GILOY
Giloy includes alkaloids, glycosides, steroids, and many other crucial compounds that are helpful for healthy growth. Hence, it is also considered a mandatory item in the diet of growing years by the Ayurvedic physicians. Here is in-depth information on the major components of Giloy-
- Alkaloids- Alkaloids are the nitrogenous compound of the plant. It impacts the psychological part of the human body. Alkaloids are included in many drugs in the allopathy medical system as well. In Giloy it is found in natural form and possesses the following benefits-
- It has anti-inflammatory properties.
- It has analgesic properties.
- It can prevent some types of cancer.
- It is antifungal and antimicrobial.
- It provides relief from pain.
- Glycosides- It is the second major component of Giloy. It is a compound produced by simple sugar and another sugar whose hydroxyl group is substituted. It is naturally found in many plants and possesses the following health benefits-
- It has antioxidant properties.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties.
- It benefits diabetic patients.
- It has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and antiviral properties.
- It can also prevent tumors.
- Steroid- Steroid is an active organic compound that is also formed in the human body and helps in the maturity of the body. It is a muscle-building compound. Artificial steroids are used by many bodybuilders to build muscle mass but the natural way of consuming steroids has always proved better for health. Following are the health benefits of steroids-
- It helps in muscle building and increases muscle strength.
- Reduces the fat percentage of the body.
- Advance the recovery from workouts and other injuries.
- Boosts the production of red blood cells.
WHAT ARE ITS BENEFITS?
The alkaloids, glycosides, and steroids available in GIloy have several benefits for the human body. Giloy powder especially serves in the growth years of a human, offering the necessary elements for growth. It helps many diseases and hence turns out to be a mandatory part of the diet for people of all age groups. Here are some Giloy Powder uses–
- Boosts Immunity- Giloy has many antioxidants that are effective in eliminating free radicals from the body. These free radicals enter the body through the surroundings and harm the healthy cells of the body. Giloy combats these free radicals and removes the free radicals that can harm the body in many ways. It also helps in excluding toxins. It also has antibacterial and antiviral properties that help keep all bacterias and viruses away. It purifies the blood and is also helpful in maintaining heart health.
- Chronic Fever- Chronic fever like dengue, swine flu, and malaria can be treated with Giloy. The symptoms of these fevers can be defeated by using Giloy. These fevers can even be life-threatening and are repeating hence are very necessary to be treated permanently.
- Digestion- Giloy can treat many digestion-related issues and it also helps in a stable bowel process. A bad direction can lead to many other dysfunctions in the human body, so by treating digestive problems Giloy also provides prevention from other disorders.
- Diabetes- The glycoside available in Giloy can help to stabilize the blood sugar level of the human body. It helps in lowering the high levels of blood sugar.
- Stress and anxiety- Giloy also helps in mental disturbance. It can reduce stress levels and anxiety and helps to calm down. It improves memory and logical ability and helps in keeping the mind healthy.
- Respiratory problems- The anti-inflammatory properties of Alkoxides and Glycosides help in improving respiratory system-related issues. It also helps in balancing Kapha, which is the main component of the respiratory system.
- Arthritis- The stem of Giloy is considered to be useful in Arthritic patients. The powder of the stem if taken with milk can surely diminish joint pain. Its consumption with ginger juice has also been proved to ease arthritis.
- Asthma- Shortness of breath, coughing, pain in the chest, and wheezing are all the signs of Asthma. It also lowers the immunity of the patient. GIloy roots have been utilized to treat these symptoms and are believed to give a definite cure to them.
- Improves Eyesight- Giloy powder can also improve eyesight. It is believed that if the paste of the powder is applied to the eye regularly, it surely improves vision and helps in eye health.
- Anti-Aging- The powder from giloy also has cosmetic benefits. It can reduce dark spots and gives flawless skin. It also has anti-aging properties that slow down the aging process of the skin. Both oral or external ways can be helpful for cosmetic benefits of Giloy Powder.
GILOY FOR HEIGHT
The steroids present in Giloy are very helpful and a crucial part of the human body is growth. The steroids are already available in the human body and help it to grow. It is also available in many natural food resources to cover the needs of the body. Giloy has steroids in abundance. It provides strength to the immune system that makes sure that all the organs are working properly and incorporates healthy growth of the body. It also strengthens the tissues which are also crucial for healthy growth. Giloy is an ideal herb to grow tall. It has been used since ancient times as a supplement for height growth. Till today many physicians are advising the consumption of Giloy as a height growth supplement. It has shown benefits and helped many people to achieve the desired height.
HOW TO TAKE GILOY POWDER?
Giloy can be taken in any form. Every part of this medicinal plant is beneficial in some or the other way and hence it makes sense to use it in any available form.
Giloy can be consumed in powder or liquid form. 3 to 6 g of Giloy powder can be taken with sufficient amounts of water every day. It can also be taken in a decoction form twice a day. It is also available in capsule form in the market that has to be taken after a meal with water twice a day.
DISADVANTAGES OF GILOY
Giloy powder works miracles for the human body and shows many benefits for complete growth and well being but an excess of anything can be harmful to health and it is the same for Giloy. Consuming Giloy in abundance or for a long time can negatively impact the body. Overconsumption of Giloy has the following side-
- Constipation– Although GIloy has been used to treat digestive difficulties, overconsumption of Giloy can leave the consumer constipated. If the problem of constipation is being experienced, one should immediately ask for a specialist suggestion.
- Low blood sugar levels– As mentioned, Giloy helps in high blood sugar levels and maintains the level but as it drops the level down over-consumption of Giloy can lower the blood sugar level further giving the problem of low blood sugar.
- Autoimmune Disorders– As Giloy has many benefits to the immunity system it boosts the immunity but overconsumption of Giloy can boost the immunity up to a level that can create problems and can trigger certain autoimmune disorders.
- Can harm pregnant and nursing mothers– Although no studies have been done and no facts have been proven yet, many experts suggest pregnant ladies and breastfeeding mothers to stay away from Giloy as it can harm their or the baby’s health.
AVAILABILITY OF GILOY
Giloy is a herb that is easily available in any tropical region of India. It is also available in Myanmar and Sri Lanka. As it does not require any specific weather conditions, it makes this herb very easy to find in its natural form. Although consuming the Giloy in its original form is always great, preparing the plant worth consuming is a hideous task and takes a process.
Since it has gained popularity in recent times many pharmaceutical companies have started producing all forms of Giloy. It is available in powder form, tablet form, and decoction or juice form. It is available both online and offline. Since it is easily available in nature it makes it very cheap and can suit everyone’s pocket.
The medicinal properties of Giloy seriously make it ‘Amrit’ or the ‘nectar of mortality’ for humans. There is no wonder why the ancient physicians used to use Giloy to treat almost every problem of the human body. It increases immunity and is beneficial in keeping most of the body-related issues away. It also provides a healthy mind and increased memory and also boosts the logical levels of the human. It works on both left and right brains and provides overall brain development. Having so many benefits Giloy powder has been used in almost every Indian household but the proportions, frequency, and period of the consumption of the Giloy should be always advised by a medicinal practitioner. Since overdose of Giloy triggers certain health issues it should be consumed for the advised proportions only.