REVIEWING AMALAKI AND FOR HEIGHT GROWTH: GET THE COMPLETE DETAILS HERE.
Stagnant height in your teenage years can be a big bummer. A lot of us for sure have been teased and bullied for having a stagnant height. Luckily, ayurveda has a lot to offer to every problem that humans come across.
Ayurveda has provided enormous solutions for many diseases for many centuries. Similarly, there are many methods in Ayurveda for height growth as well. Amalaki is one of the ayurvedic ingredients that help to induce the process of height growth.
Curious? Find all the little facts about amalaki, its benefits for teenagers, and other uses, here!
WHAT IS AMALAKI?
Amalaki in Sanskrit means “the sustainer”. Amalaki is a fruit that has been used in ayurvedic medicines in most parts of Southeast Asia. The fruit is of bitter taste but is beneficial for many health problems. It helps with the problems of the liver, brain, heart, lungs, etc. The fruit has a lot of rich nutrients in it. It is a resource of high vitamin C, amino acids, antioxidants, etc.
This fruit has many healing benefits as well including – anti-diabetic, anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antibacterial, antiviral, etc. It also has a cooling property for the stomach. Amalaki is used to treat some diseases –
- a) High blood pressure
- b) High cholesterol
- c) Diarrhea
- d) Diabetes
- e) Obesity
- f) Joint pain, etc.
It is used in many forms in the Ayurveda. If you do not find the whole fruit, you can easily opt for other forms like powder, tincture, capsule, or tonic, etc. These forms also have the same effectivity on the diseases. Researches are showing the fact that amalaki can also be an alternative treatment for some specific conditions.
It may be a surprising fact to some that amalaki is actually used to treat many neurological disorders as well as hormonal disorders as well. It can help to treat – Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, stagnant height, stress, depression, etc. Ayurveda has used the powers of amalaki in medicines and it is proven out to be effective.
AMALAKI’S RELATION WITH HEIGHT GROWTH:
Amalaki is used in the treatment of many disorders and problems. It is rich in antioxidants and this property is very helpful for height growth as well. As we all know that our bodies need a lot of nutrition, and growing children and teenagers need it very much. A lot of people may experience stagnant height while their friends keep on becoming taller and here is when amalaki can help. Amalaki has been consumed for years for the treatment of a lot of problems including height growth.
Some studies have shown the fact that the dosage of 500 mg and 700 mg helped to grow the height of a lot of teenagers in a span of 6 months alone. The high number of antioxidants influences this whole process and helps in the height growth. Thus, it helps to induce the overall process of height growth.
WHAT IS AMALAKI RASAYAN?
Amalaki rasayan is a method of therapy for various health problems of any age. This therapy is more useful for aged persons. Aging with time is a natural process but, in many cases, this process comes with many complications. The rasayana therapy is used for healthy aging and also for rejuvenation. This medicine is used in Ayurveda to treat cardiac arrest, cerebral attack, or intestinal problems.
INGREDIENTS OF AMALAKI RASAYAN:
The core ingredient of this rasayana is definitely amalaki but there are some other herbal ayurvedic ingredients to make this product. The other ingredients used in this product are – amalaki churna, ghee, madhu, pipal churna, sugar, amalaka ras(juice). These pure vegetarian ingredients are safe to consume and anyone can consume the medicine without any hesitation.
Though amalaki rasayan is an ayurvedic and vegetarian medicine, you should not take an overdose of it. Overconsumption of anything can turn out to be problematic. Those who are interested in herbal products can buy this medicine. They can have one or two teaspoons of the rasayana diluted in water or milk. This diluted solution can be consumed twice a day for a healthy body and mind.
BENEFITS OF AMALAKI RASAYAN: IS IT SAFE?
The potent powers of amalaki rasayan benefits the human body to rejuvenate. It slows down the process of premature aging and also nourishes the skin and hair. The immunomodulatory properties of this help to build the immune system stronger and fight against viral and bacterial infections. You will be surprised to see the number of benefits it has. Some of the conditions that get better with the help of this therapy are –
- a) Increasing the power of eyes
- b) Reducing eye fatigue and eye strain
- c) Redness in eyes
- d) Improving weak eyesight
- e) Memory loss
- f) Mental fatigue
- g) Gastritis
- h) Fatty liver
- i) Wrinkles
- j) Hair fall
- k) Premature skin aging
- l) Impotency, etc.
Amalaki rasayana benefits most people without having any serious side effects. You can easily consume the purely natural product without any fear of having any complications. But it is always wise to get some supervision before starting any new medicines.
It has a cooling power that helps the stomach to fight acidity. But this cooling effect can be a bit stressful for arthritis patients during the wintertime. It can increase their joint pain. So, if you have arthritis or anyone from your family has arthritis, consult with your physician during wintertime about the consumption.
KNOW ABOUT AMALAKI POWDER:
From the name, it is pretty evident that amalaki powder is the crushed or powdered version of amalaki or Indian gooseberry. Naturally, all the natural nutrients of amla or amalaki are present in the amla powder. Rich in vitamin C and other antioxidants, this powder is another form of amalaki which is very useful for hair and skin problems. Some of amalaki uses which are vital are discussed below –
- It helps to thicken the blood vessels and make them stronger.
- It fights the bad cholesterol of the body and reduces the chances of heart diseases.
- The fiber-rich powder helps greatly in the digestive system.
- Amalaki powder can be mixed with water and applied to the face. You can also add some yogurt and honey to the mixture to get a better result. This method provides glowing skin.
- One of the striking properties of amla is slowing the aging process. It keeps the skin refreshed and glowing and you can get naturally flawless skin without any chemicals.
- This also helps to control diabetes. The chromium present in the powder helps to regulate the blood glucose levels and also makes the body respond to insulin.
- Most women face hair fall problems or dandruff problems. Do not get worried about it. Using amla powder for the hair reduces these hair-related problems and makes the hair thick and strong.
Amalaki churna has been used as an ayurvedic medicine as well as an ingredient for other medicines. Extracted from the amla fruit, it contains all the natural value. It is good for internal use as well as external use. But if you are consuming it internally, make sure you are not taking an overdose of it. You can take half a teaspoon of amla powder and can either mix it with honey or water. Have this mixture before lunch and dinner every day.
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF AMALAKI?
Getting to know about all the good properties of amalaki may raise a question in your head whether it has any side effects or not. The fact of amla being a great ingredient full of nutrients is true. But everything can cause a side effect and these can vary from person to person. Amla also has some minor side effects which should be taken into consideration as well.
- In some cases, amla can increase the possibility of excessive bleeding for people having bleeding disorders. This can create some complications if you are going to have any surgery. For that reason, consuming amla should be stopped at least 2 weeks before the scheduled time of surgery.
- An overdose of amla can create dryness in the skin.
- If you have coughing problems, you should not take amla. As its cooling property can increase the coughing.
- Aged people having arthritis also should avoid consuming amla in the winter. As amla’s cooling effects can increase the joint pains and worsen the situation.
- Amla may lower the blood sugar level more than required. It can be problematic for diabetic patients who take medicines for the disease.
- Apart from these internal side effects, using amla externally can also result in some unwanted situations. It can cause rashes and itchiness in some people.
WHAT PRECAUTIONS YOU MUST TAKE TO USE AMALAKI?
Be it raw amalaki or amalaki rasayan or amalaki churna or any form of amalaki, if you want to be safe, always maintain some precautions and safety tips. There are not many pieces of research related to ayurvedic products and that is why proven facts related to amla are very few. But still, there are some precautions and safety tips that are provided for the benefit of the people using amalaki.
- Pregnant women should restrain themselves from using any product of amla during their pregnancy period. As they are already dealing with a lot of internal changes, the new addition of products can cause harm.
- Similarly, breastfeeding mothers also should avoid amla. As there is not much scientific clarification but amla’s cooling property can give the newborn baby cold. This fact is not proven so consult with your doctor about it.
- Taking an overdose is not going to help rather it will harm your body. So, do not opt for a high dose of amla.
- Always consult with your doctor about starting a medicine related to amla. Also, you should ask the doctor about the dosage and strictly follow the prescribed dosage.
- If you are thinking of applying amla externally, make sure you are using fresh amla. And if you are buying any amla products from online or market, read the ingredients used to make the product to avoid any irritations.
EFFECTIVE HOME REMEDIES FOR HEIGHT GROWTH:
Height growth is affected by several factors. While genetics play an important role in it, lifestyle and diet also impact height growth. The human body can grow up to 4 inches a year while in puberty. But, due to genetics, many face problems in growth. In such cases, home remedies can help to maintain healthy growth.
Here are the proven home remedies that have shown effectiveness in healthy growth-
- A Well Balanced Diet- Human body needs nutrients to grow. If the essential nutrients are not provided, it is difficult for the body to develop. Hence, including a good diet is the first step towards height growth. Here is a list of food items that can be included in the diet-
- Chicken (or any rich source of protein)
- Green Leafy Vegetables
- Seeds and nuts
- Fresh Fruits
- Improve Sleep Pattern- The lifestyle that is followed today, doesn’t allow people to take enough rest. But sleep has its own health benefits. The body secrets HGH hormones in sleep that help the body to grow. Not getting enough sleep can reduce the level of these hormones resulting in slower growth.
- Play Sports- Playing sports has many health benefits. It also helps to increase the level of HGH and promotes height growth. It will also help in building muscles and keeping bones strong. Engaging in physical activity also ensures a good sleep that again helps in proper growth.
- Practice Yoga- Yoga has some specific poses that help in height growth. Yoga can also improve posture and create the illusion of a taller body. Practicing yoga not only ensures a healthy height growth but also improves mental health that is also an important factor for overall growth.
- Try Ayurvedic Remedies- Ayurveda has talked about many items that are available easily in any Indian market and are very helpful in height growth. They provide necessary supplements for growth. Some of these edibles are Ashwagandha, Amla, and Giloy.
- Practice Posture- Good posture can give an illusion of a taller body while a bad posture can make the body look smaller. Make it a habit to always be in a good posture in day-to-day life activities.
The height continues to grow till the age of complete puberty. After that, it is not possible to grow further. It is a good idea to make these lifestyle and dietary changes as soon as possible to achieve the desired height.
REVIEWS OF AMALAKI AND AMALAKI RASAYAN:
Amalaki and amalaki rasayan are two ayurvedic and herbal products benefiting not only height growth but also other diseases as well. They both work organically in the body and do not create any severe problems. However, due to an overdose of the medicine, few experienced certain side effects in the form of problems associated with the liver. As far as the rating is concerned, amla has received 4.4 stars out of 5.
As in the case of amalaki rasayan, it also has caused side effects as many people found a problem in digestion and found amalaki churna more useful than rasayan. THe average rating for the product, as per the online reviews, stands at 3.9 out of 5.
From the given information, it can be inferred that amalaki benefits a majority of people dealing with different types of diseases without creating any serious harm to their bodies. Consumption of the proper amount can never be problematic. Amla’s antioxidants build the immune system stronger and help in dealing with stagnant height as well.
The dosage may vary with the brand. Therefore, it is only smart to consult a doctor rather than consuming the medicine on your own. A prescribed dosage will ensure safety from side-effects due to overdose and even no-effects due to underdose.